Stamping team lead
Assists Manager in supervising department responsible for debugging, repair, and maintenance of stamping tooling. “Hands on” position that also performs all work required of a Tool Maker. Additionally, trains and provides technical support to lower level tool and die makers.
summary of essential job functions
- Schedule work in die repair based on priority list and in support of stamping manufacturing needs.
- Oversee all die repairs (quality and documentation) and report stasis in daily production meeting.
- Hands on troubleshoot and repair dies as per tool maker job description
- Work with design to schedule all WEDM and design changes.
- Work with R&M loss report to get tooling running to R&M standard.
- Order spare components and supplies for Die repair.
- Attend new tooling print review and design review meetings and comment on possible die and process problems in development stage. Sign off of new tooling for mfg.
- Administer to Time cards and payroll hours (weekly). Conduct annual performance reviews & any needed disciplinary actions/forms. Work with HR department to solve any company or employee problems.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of steel and carbide compositions, machinery that produces components for dies, inspection to customer’s blueprints utilizing SPC and geometric tolerancing. 10 years as a tool & die maker A, knowledge of machine shop practices, tool debugging skills.
Able to supervise 6-12 technical persons in a high paced support/service department to manufacturing.
- Handle multi-tasks, handle difficult personalities, meet deadlines, detail and technical analysis.
Excellent eyesight, standing for long periods, working in noisy areas.
We provide excellent company benefits and a competitive salary. We are an equal opportunity employer. Currently only accepting local candidate submissions.
This position is for our Weiss-Aug East Hanover | NJ location.