stamping design manager
Provide leadership to a team of Die Designers and Design support personnel responsible for the design of complex progressive stamping dies.
- Responsible for the scheduling of all stamping design resources in order to achieve the goals of the Stamping Design group. Set milestones and deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor progress and report status to management.
- Establish and maintain a staffing plan for Stamping Design that provides the human resources necessary for the effective and efficient completion of all stamping design projects.
- Establish and maintain W-A Stamping Die Design Standards. Ensure that standards are reflective of changes in procedure or technology. Document and publish standards to provide for efficient access.
- Establish and maintain a design technology plan for Stamping Design that provides for the information technology (software/hardware) capable of designing complex progressive stamping dies according to schedule and at the level of quality desired while providing for full documentation and control of design activities.
KNOWLEDGE | Skills | experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, technical or management discipline or equivalent education/experience; graduate degree preferred.
- Tool and die making background required.
- Creative, imaginative designer with a minimum of 10 years of practical experience in a tooling and designing environment.
- Experience in automotive and/or medical industries preferred.
- Experience with high volume and/or tight-tolerance progressively stamped medical products preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience managing personnel involved in stamping die design.
- Must possess recent and relevant CAD experience.
- Knowledge of TQM, Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Exceptional analytical and computational skills; problem-solving; verbal and written communication.
We provide excellent company benefits and a competitive salary. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Currently only accepting local candidate submissions.
This position is for our Weiss-Aug East Hanover | NJ location.