senior process engineer
- Perform Design of Experiments (DOE) on all new tooling programs to establish the optimum molding/manufacturing process.
- Create and maintain all process and/or manufacturing related documentation.
- Assist Molding Technicians and Quality personnel with any process and/or manufacturing related issues.
- Be a Leader of the Molding Department’s Continuous Improvement Team.
- Participate as a member of the new program development/quoting team.
- Participate as a member of the APQP Project team as it relates to Molding Tooling.
- Participate in all ISO/QS/TS internal and external audits related to the Molding department.
- Promote cleanliness and safety policies and procedures throughout the entire Company.
- Assist in design and fabrication for new mold tooling, and identify needed molding technologies (equipment/sensoring) to advance capabilities.
BSME or Plastics related degree required.
At least 7 years’ experience with plastic process development of high tolerance plastic parts.
Extensive knowledge of engineering grade plastics as it relates to plastic processing.
Advanced knowledge of Mold tooling required
Knowledge of Design of Experiments (DOE) as it relates to plastic processing.
Scientific molding expertise; Master Molder preferred
Must possess good analytical and problem solving skills
Must have good written and verbal communication skills
Must be a driven self-starter with the ability to multi-task and set priorities with little supervision
Must be a team player with the ability to interact effectively across departments
Must have good windows based PC skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
ISO/QS/TS knowledge preferred
Bi-Lingual (English & Spanish) a plus
We provide excellent company benefits and a competitive salary. We are an equal opportunity employer. Currently only accepting local candidate submissions.
This position is for our Weiss-Aug Fairfield | NJ location.