Oversees all aspects of the organization's quality system and improvement efforts, such as developing, implementing and administrating the program, training and coaching employees and facilitating needed changes in the organization. Responsible for establishing policies and procedures at all levels to ensure quality improvement efforts will meet or exceed internal and external customer needs and expectations. Ensures the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the company. Responsible for dealing with customers and suppliers on quality or performance issues.
Should have 5-10 years’ experience in automotive, thorough knowledge of IATF standards and recent automotive quality management system implementation and registration. ISO 13485 Medical experience preferred.
Very familiar with SPC principles and GD&T
Prefer Certified Internal Auditor.
Requires general understanding of the capabilities and practical uses of various types of measuring equipment: basic mechanical instruments, complex programmable vision/laser/touch probe systems and computerized data collection systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Is the company Management Representative responsible for implementing, establishing and maintaining the company quality system in accordance with IATF 16949 Automotive and ISO 13485-2016 Medical and other Quality Management Systems as required. Ensures the company meets any other additional customer specific requirements. Represents the company as the liaison with external parties regarding the company quality system and its’ capabilities.
• Responsible to facilitate management review meetings and report on the performance of the quality system and its’ metrics.
• Oversee QC Lab managers and supervisors with diverse metrology including computerized measurement systems utilizing Vision, Laser, Touch Probe including CMMs.
• Oversees the corrective Action database including: Issuance of corrective actions, assistance in corrective actions resolution and verification of effectiveness of corrective actions.
• Provides guidance and training to quality, manufacturing engineering and other professional positions in the use of automotive core tools: APQP; FMEA, Control Plans, MSA, Statistical Techniques and PPAPs. Oversees and monitors Medical Validation Protocols: IQ, OQ, PQ processes.
• Required: Four-year college degree preferably in a technical discipline.
• Preferred Certifications: ASQ-CQE; Green or Black Belt, Certified Auditor.
• Requires verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information to people of various degrees of ability.
• Must be organized and detail oriented.
• Must possess the project management skills to manage and implement small to large projects.
• Needs an understanding of automotive IATF 16949 including Core Tools: APQP; FMEA, Control Plans, MSA, Statistical Techniques and PPAPs.
• Must be computer literate in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Requires general understanding of the capabilities and practical uses of various types of measuring equipment: basic mechanical instruments, complex programmable vision/laser/touch probe systems and computerized data collection systems.
• Experienced in the use of ERP systems as related to Quality Management Systems and Inspection Lab requirements.
We provide excellent company benefits and a competitive salary. We are an equal opportunity employer. Please forward your resume with salary requirements for consideration. Currently only accepting local candidate submissions.
This position is for our Weiss-Aug East Hanover | NJ location.