Quality Engineer / Programmer
Assists the Quality Manager and supports the quality and manufacturing areas in quality assurance/ engineering and inspection functions. Ability to program and use Vision/CMM measuring systems and to design and develop fixtures.
- Assists in the implementation of QC/QA procedures throughout the company.
- Participates with Manufacturing Engineering and Tooling to assist in developing FMEA's, Process Flow Charts, and Inspection Control Plans. Assures that quality requirements are understood and attainable.
- Interprets blueprints and specifications related to geometric tolerancing, gauging, statistical requirements and related specifications.
- Develops for QC and Manufacturing inspection plans and methods including fixture and gage design. Programs Vision/CMM systems.
- Interfaces with customers, sales and engineering to resolve quality issues. Assists in analyzing customer complaints as a member of 8D analysis team.
- Assists training inspectors in methods, statistics, GDT & Vision Systems.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Quality Control/Assurance in a tightly toleranced industry with an automotive and medical customer base.
- Requires verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate technical information to people of various degrees of ability.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Needs a thorough understanding of automotive and medical industry quality requirements (FMEA, Process Flows, Control Plans, and system requirements).
- Knowledgeable in the following ISO 9000/TS 16949, ISO 13485.
- General knowledge and training in the prinicples related to metals or resins.
- Proficient in blueprint interpretation, Geometric Dimensioning Tolerancing (GD&T), and statistics.
- Requires working knowledge of various types of measuring equipment and data collection systems including ability to program and use Vision/CMM.
- Must be driven self-starter that works with little supervision.
This position is for our Weiss-Aug East Hanover | NJ location.