The Production Planner is responsible for reviewing customer requirements and translating those demands into a production schedule that considers the availability material, labor and capacity. The Production Planner generates a production plan for assigned products and oversees the disposition of those products and other assigned materials. The Production Planner coordinates with Customer Service, Sales, Purchasing, Warehousing, Quality and Production to meet delivery promises to the customers.
- Reviews material and resource availability to meet customer requests (and/or forecasts) and confirms to Customer Service an Available-to-Promise schedule.
- Creates, reviews and/or approves requisitions for necessary materials and components and transmits them to purchasing for procurement.
- Schedules manufacturing orders (MO) and outside processing (OSP) orders in the ERP and Manufacturing systems and prepares all required documentation (specifications, labels, etc.) for the MO’s. Files all MO documentation as required.
- Prepares manufacturing schedules and agendas for production meetings. Monitors the status of MO’s and inventory to meet delivery commitments. Establishes priorities and expedites MOs as needed.
- Oversees the issue and movement of component material and packaging to the production floor to meet the requirements of the released manufacturing orders.
- Reviews material usage variances on MO’s with Manufacturing and Finance and closes MO’s according to guidelines.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; B.A. or B.S. degree preferred.
- 3-5 years planning/scheduling experience required, preferably in a high volume made to order manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with MRP/ERP scheduling systems and Microsoft Office products required.
- Experience in working within ISO/TS Guidelines.
- CPIM certification preferred.
This position is for our Weiss-Aug East Hanover | NJ location.