product quality manager
Product Quality Manager must have at least 10 years experience in the medical device, or other FDA regulated industry. Position is responsible for Validation/PPAP Packages on new customer programs, as well as ensuring compliance to applicable regulatory bodies and standards (ISO13485, 21CFR820, GMP). Position requires heavy technical writing skills, attention to detail, and engineering knowledge.
Requires a 4-yr engineering degree or substitute experience; graduate degree in engineering, technical or management discipline is preferred.
Ability to understand statistics as applied to quality principals is needed (SPC, GR&R, MSA Studies), and preferred background using Minitab software.
Position is hands-on, technical writing skills will be required and ability to interface with Program Managers daily, and to participate in new product launches and engineering studies. Position will have 1-2 direct reports.
- Represent the customer in order to ensure that the customer’s quality expectations are clearly understood and being met.
- Support Program Management team on launch and management of medical device programs.
- Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) including completion of related documentation, including but not limited to: DOE’s, FMEA’s, Process Flowcharts, Control Plans, Capability Studies and Gage R&R’s.
- Ability to participate in product design (R&D) meetings with Medical Customers in relationship with understanding key quality deliverables.
- Oversee the development and input of initial BOM and detailed Routing
- Oversee the initiation and/or coordination of the change control process (ECO) relating to Engineering documentation.
- Responsible for SOP and Technical Writing for New Programs
- MUST BE DETAIL ORIENTED
- Responsible for Master Validation Reports, including writing and execution of IQ, OQ, PQ Protocols
- Must have practical knowledge of GMP, ISO13485, and/or 21 CFR 820 Compliance
- Ability to Understand Statistics as related to SPC, GR&R, MSA Studies
- Participate in customer, internal and registrar quality system audits.
- Minimum of 10 yrs. experience in product quality position, with direct experience in quality system compliance. Experience in medical device/life science (GxP) industry required.
- Requires a 4-yr engineering degree or substitute experience; graduate degree in engineering, technical or management discipline is preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints and other technical documents. Understanding of ANSI/ISO drawing standards and GD&T dimensioning required.
- Ability to uses Minitab preferred.
- Knowledge of quality inspection tools and methods required. Familiarity with Statistical Process Control (SPC) tools and methods also preferable.
- Knowledge of GMP/ISO/21 CFR 820 Quality Systems required.
- Knowledge of TQM, Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing principles preferable.
- Knowledge of progressive metal stamping and/or insert molding processes desirable.
- Strong technical writing skills, attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge or MRP or ERP software preferable.
- Exceptional analytical and computational skills. Knowledge of problem-solving tools and techniques preferable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level of creativity and innovation.
- Demonstrated decision-making capability.
This position is for our Weiss-Aug Fairfield | NJ location.