Molding Operations Manager
Oversee and be responsible for the entire Molding operation through supervision, coordination, coaching/training and providing leadership to the assigned staff. To be a solid Leader within the Operations Team that focuses on producing parts that meet all Customer specifications at or below standard cost and in a clean and safe environment which supports the Company's mission statement and vision.
- Monitor and direct priorities for molding, mold maintenance, automation, auxiliary equipment, machine maintenance and labor. Responsible for shift-to-shift communication to ensure all Customer requirements and departmental goals are met. Lead all departmental meetings.
- Set up and implement a plan to continually develop and evaluate direct reports that promotes a continuous improvement and “zero defect” philosophy. By continually working to develop and grow all direct reports it will strengthen the Company's competitiveness and long-term stability and allow the department to keep pace as Company sales grow.
- Review all departmental documentation and create new or make recommendations for improvements. Coach/train personnel on all new or updated processes and procedures. (ECO’s, press packets, ISO/QS/TS, SPI’s, Customer specifications, etc.)
- Coordinate with Planning and Customer Service personnel to ensure all internal and external Customer requirements are met.
- Monitor and control operation hours, labor hours, finished goods inventory levels and operating supplies to make sure all are meeting standards. Approval of departmental purchase requisitions.
- Review and approve all completed Manufacturing Orders (MO’s) prior to closing. Make recommendations to address positive and/or negative standard variances.
Disposition of all departmental DPD’s and DPA’s. Participate on the team or be a leader of all departmental 8D’s.
Participate as a member of the New Program Development/Quoting and APQP Teams
Develop departmental annual budget and be responsible for meeting corporate financial goals.
Participate in ISO/QS/TS and Customer internal and external audits.
- BS degree in an Engineering or Plastics related discipline.
- 5 years minimum experience in a medium/high volume plastics manufacturing environment.
- Must possess good supervision, leadership and coaching/training skills.
- Must possess good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a driven self-starter that works with little supervision.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Must be a Team player and have the ability to interact effectively with all departments within the Company.
- Must have good Windows-based PC skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, etc).
- ISO/QS/TS knowledge preferred.
We provide excellent company benefits and a competitive salary. We are an equal opportunity employer. Currently only accepting local candidate submissions.