manufacturing / industrial engineer
1. Analyze existing processes using data and present proposals on improvements. Implementation and verification of acceptance of proposed improvements.
2. Participate as a member of the APQP Project Team.
3. Participate as a member of the New Program Development/Quoting Team.
4. Investigate and determine root cause(s) for internal and external complaints and/or quality rejections. (DPD, DPA’s, 8D’s, DMR)
5. Lead or participate in trouble shooting of existing and new processes.
6. Create and maintain process documentation. Train personnel as it relates to process documentation and procedures.
7. Participate in ISO/QS internal and external audits.
8. Promote cleanliness and safety polices and procedures throughout the entire Company.
9. Stay current (magazines, trade shows, seminars, etc) on new technology as it relates to the Company’s scope.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
BS degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
Must possess good analytical and problem solving skills and mechanical aptitude.
5 years minimum experience in a medium/high volume manufacturing environment.
Must be driven self-starter that works with little supervision.
Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
Must possess the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
Must be a Team player and have the ability to interact effectively with all departments within the Company.
Must have good windows based PC skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, etc).
ISO/QS knowledge preferred.
Plastic Injection/Insert Molding and/or Progressive Stamping Experience a plus.
This position is for our Weiss-Aug Fairfield | NJ location.