Leading the industry for over 45 years, Weiss-Aug has extensive experience developing, prototyping, and producing a wide variety of medical device components as well as sub-assemblies.
ISO 13485 Certified
Research & Development
Our program development team actively assists customers with developing components by leveraging our manufacturing expertise to bring cost effective designs, and solutions to your manufacturing needs. Our prototyping methodology focuses on decreasing process steps, material efficiency and fast turnaround of samples and exclusive CMM Dimensional data. This ultimately leads to an accelerated timeframe that reduces cost while creating products with proven performance. Capabilities range from single parts for test samples to thousands of pre-production parts.
Each complex program is effectively managed by our highly trained Program Managers. They provide our customers with a single point of contact for all R&D engineering and manufacturing requirements. Our team has mastery expertise in IQ, OQ and PQ validation requirements, ensuring peace of mind throughout the qualification process. IP sensitivity is maintained through careful oversight of your program.
Following the Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) process, you can rest assured that your manufacturing needs will be met. Our Program Management team is also responsible for the timely delivery of programs to meet customer specifications.
Medical Metal Stamping
We processed materials from 0.005 inches. Our stamping group is capable of speeds of up to 1600 strokes per minute for rapid stamping, and decreases labor cost while increasing product quality. Critical features are monitored by our In-Line 100% Vision features, with heat treating and tumbling offered through our ancillary process.
We work with a large number of materials including:
- Copper Alloys
- Stainless Steel
- Medical Grade Nickel Alloys
- Carbon Steel
- Skived Materials
- Cladded and Plated Materials
- Exotic Alloys
- Metal stamping of 200, 300 Series Stainless Steels for Medical Devices
- Oil and particulate free metal products from our highly specialized Durr system
- Laser welding for seam strengthening, wire attachment and sub assembly
- Sophisticated insert and over-molding cells using scientific molding principles
- Extensive use of RJG eDART sensors and technology
- Full inspection with integrated vision and Hipot Testing Systems
KEY MEDICAL DEVICE PRODUCT GROUPS
GENERAL INSTRUMENTS AND DEVICES
- Instrument Blades (Mechanical)
- Medical / Surgical Electronic Connectors
- Needle Safety Devices
- IV Catheter Products
SPECIALTY INSTRUMENTS AND DEVICES
- Ophthalmic Surgical Blades
- Ophthalmic Implant Devices (Glaucoma)
- Endoscope Biopsy Devices
- Diabetic Devices (Glucose Monitoring)