Manager | Stamping Manufacturing
Responsible for the oversight of the stamping operation through the supervision, coordination, coaching, training, and leadership of assigned staff.
- Monitor and direct priorities for Die, automation, auxiliary equipment, machine maintenance and labor. Responsible for shift-to-shift communication to ensure all Customer requirements are met. Lead daily and/or weekly departmental meetings.
- Work with other departments (QA, Die Repair, Automation, Maintenance, Warehouse, etc.) to troubleshoot processes that do not meet specifications. Coach/train personnel on lessons learned from troubleshooting activities.
- Review all departmental documentation and make recommendations or create new for improvements. Coach/train personnel on all new or updated processes and procedures (ECO’s, press packets, ISO/QS/TS, SPI’s, Customer specifications, etc.).
- Review and approve all completed Manufacturing Orders (MO’s) prior to closing. Make recommendations for positive and/or negative standard variances.
- Set and measure goals and objectives for all direct reports. Work to grow both professionally and personally all direct reports by enhancing their skill base so that they become more productive and valuable to the Company.
- Coordinate with Planning and Customer Service personnel to ensure all Customer requirements are met.
- Monitor and control operation hours, labor hours and operating supplies including approval of departmental purchase requisitions.
- Participate as a member of the New Program Development/Quoting and APQP Teams.
- Determine disposition of all departmental DPD’s and DPA’s. Participate on team or be a leader of all departmental 8D’s.
- Assist with Development on departmental annual budget.
- Participate in ISO/QS/TS internal and external audits.
- Stay current (magazines, trade shows, seminars, etc.) on new technology as it relates to the Company scope. 13.Promote cleanliness and safety policies and procedures throughout the entire Company.
- BS degree in an Engineering related discipline or equivalent (A minimum 10 years of experience in a medium/high volume stamping manufacturing environment).
- Must possess good supervision, leadership and coaching/training skills.
- Must possess good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be driven self-starter that works with little supervision.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Must be a Team player and have the ability to interact effectively with all departments within the Company.
- Must have good Windows-based PC skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, etc.).
- ISO/QS/TS knowledge preferred.
We provide excellent company benefits and a competitive salary. We are an equal opportunity employer. Currently only accepting local candidate submissions.