Maintenance team lead
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment. Examines mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble. Disassembles machines and repair or replaces broken parts. Adjusts functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary. Cleans and lubricates parts. Orders replacement parts. Inspects completed repairs. Performs all work with adherence to safety procedures.
- Handles supervisory responsibilities when Department Manager is not available. Supervise cleaning crew.
- Repairs all malfunctioning machinery and equipment.
- Able to work on advanced equipment, including electrical troubleshooting, automation, and controller systems
- Develops preventive maintenance procedures for all primary, and auxiliary equipment used in all manufacturing, and all equipment related to the physical plant.
- Assists in coordinating and scheduling of outside machine repairs with suppliers to ensure the minimum impact to manufacturing activities.
- Assists in maintaining equipment preventive and safety records regarding all state and federal regulations and to all ISO and QS procedures.
- Evaluates and diagnoses machine problems and develops corrective action procedures to eliminate reoccurrence.
- Provides guidance and support to all other department personal.
- Assists in training of new hires and department transfers.
- Assists in developing the corrective means and methods for continuous improvement.
- Will be involved in opening and closing schedules, and will be on call for any emergencies.
- Opens plant daily and starts up support equipment.
- Installs new machinery and project planning.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- H.S. graduate or equivalent. 2 years of technical school a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years mechanical and electrical background, with practical experience in commercial or industrial business.
- Knowledge of Molding machines.
- Previous experience working with Arburg equipment preferred.
This position is for our Weiss-Aug Fairfield | NJ location.