Laser Applications Engineer
This is an excellent opportunity for a Laser Applications Engineer to get involved in all phases of development – from inception and design through development and testing to launch in manufacturing.
Develop solutions for laser welding, marking, engraving, thin material cutting, and ablation (material processing) with a wide range of materials. Tasks include usage of motion control systems such as robots, multi axis systems, and video systems. Assist the sales department in feasibility testing and “fitness for the application” review for a wide range of laser welding, marking, and engraving applications submitted by our clients. Application development, process development, and customer training (both in-house and on-site) are also position responsibilities.
- Undertake industrial laser application development projects using various laser sources including fiber, pulsed Nd:YAG and others.
- Process feasibility testing, process optimization, and technical support for transitioning process to manufacturing.
- Fully document and report on these projects both internally and to customers.
- Proactively maintain industry awareness and opportunities for new projects.
- Degree in materials science, engineering, or equivalent education/experience; Master’s degree in laser processing desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ Applications Engineering experience in the laser industry or equivalent high tech industry; experience in the laser component equipment market a plus.
- Hands-on experience with industrial laser-based materials processing.
- Knowledge of the industrial materials processing industries / markets.
- Excellent report writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Experienced with software including AutoCAD, C++, G-code, CNC programming, Galil.
- Must be proficient using word processing, database, spreadsheet, and laser marking operating systems.
- Good interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Need to be self-driven and highly results oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
Weiss-Aug is certified to ISO 9001/ ISO/TS 16949 Automotive and ISO Medical 13485.
We provide excellent company benefits and a competitive salary. We are an equal opportunity employer. Currently only accepting local candidate submissions.
This position is for our Weiss-Aug Fairfield | NJ location.