Under minimal supervision, performs the inspection of the most complex products. Duties involve first piece, in-process, and final inspection of tightly tolerated, non-standard products. May perform in-coming inspection tests i.e. tensile, hardness and sectioning.
- Completes mechanical, functional, visual inspection for first piece, in-process and final inspection on high speed production of non-standardized products. Performs incoming inspection as needed.
- Maintains detailed inspection records of test results, statistical data, and corrective actions. Prepare special reports, statistical data as needed. Ability to maintain, interpret and create reports from statistical data bases for internal use as well as for regular submission of reports to customers with product shipments.
- Interprets blueprints (GD&T), determines gauge methods, and judges the acceptability of product on a variety of product lines. Participates in final disposition of discrepant material.
- Monitors and evaluates the conformance of statistically controlled processes. Assists manufacturing and engineering in determining root cause(s) to process problems.
- Proficient in the use of programmable CMM's/Vision Systems and the associated data collection software.
- Works directly with engineers and supervisors with limited supervision on ISIR and various manufacturing/quality problems. Will perform other duties as assigned by management.
- High School graduate or equivalent, plus 2 year college or technical school certificate a plus.
- 3 years’ minimum inspection experience with tightly tolerance visual and mechanical tolerances.
- Must be a self-starter who has initiative and can work with minimal supervision.
- Must have knowledge and be able to use computerized measurement systems (Smartscopes) and their statistical software packages.
- Ability and knowledge to use computer and various software packages (statistical data bases, Microsoft Excel and Word).
- Experience with standard mechanical and electronic measurement devices such as: Height Gages, Force Gages, microscopes, tensile machines, Rockwell, Micro-Hardness, X-Ray.
This position is for our Weiss-Aug East Hanover | NJ location.