HR Administrative assistant
Supports HR function by maintaining all personnel files; inputting and maintaining data into HRIS; maintaining benefit plan administration; assisting in all company functions; tracking performance evaluations; providing administrative support to include report creation and preparation, correspondence, projects; reviewing, assessing, scheduling prospective candidates. Conduct new hire orientation and benefit orientation programs.
- Support HR Director and collaborate with Payroll/Accounting department to process salary changes, hires, terminations, personnel changes and handle inquiries in a timely matter.
- Provide administrative support including report preparation, correspondence, projects, and tracking performance evaluations.
- Responsible for the preparation of HRIS data input, verification, reconciliation, updates and maintenance of employee profiles and personnel files.
- Ensure strict Affordable Care Act compliance and track 1095 data monthly.
- Conduct exempt and nonexempt orientation programs including new hire and benefit enrollment.
- Maintain personnel folders and keep filing current.
- Maintain benefit plan administration to include participant data entry, integrity of information and review of monthly billing for accuracy.
- Maintain and develop recruiting sources for all temporary hiring; procure Temporary workforce; approve billing rates and hours.
- Work with recruiters and hiring managers to ensure a seamless interview experience for all candidates.
- Perform initial candidate screening in selection process. Conduct reference checking as required.
knowledge | skills | experience
Two to four years of college preferably in business or human resources; 2 to 4 years’ experience working in a human resources environment. Ability to work independently and to organize a diversified workload. Proficiency in MS Office Suite; strong administrative skills; Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good mathematical ability.
Ability to deal with stressful situations, maintain neutral position. Ability to prioritize workload.
Keeping employee records/files updated and current in Human Resources and Payroll. Ability to give information at a moment’s notice.
- Review benefit invoices to determine accuracy and process in a timely manner.
- Determine formats for company functions and interoffice communications
- Prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Determine what issues need to be brought to the attention of Director of HR.
- Screen mail and determine who is responsible to take action.
This position is for our Weiss-Aug East Hanover | NJ location.