die repair and maintenance manager
The Die Repair & Maintenance Manager is a technical manager with at least 10 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 5 years’ experience managing personnel involved in tool fabrication, assembly, and debugging.
• Oversee the repair and maintenance of all tooling for manufacturing.
• Ensure that all tooling programs meet or exceed manufacturing standards.
• Establish and maintain staffing and equipment in order to achieve the goals of the Die Repair & Maintenance department.
• 10 yrs.’ experience in a manufacturing environment; 5 yrs.’ experience managing personnel involved in tool fabrication, assembly and debugging. Experience in automotive and/or medical industries as well as experience with high-volume and/or tight-tolerance progressively stamped metal products is preferred.
• Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering degree; Technical degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience creating and monitoring department budgets and/or capital equipment expenditures.
• Ability to read blueprints and other technical documents. Familiar with CAD software (AutoCAD or SolidWorks preferred). Understanding of ANSI/ISO drawing standards and GD&T dimensioning preferred.
• Knowledge of ISO/IATF Quality Systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
• Exceptional analytical and computational skills. Knowledge of problem-solving tools (i.e.-DMAIC process) and techniques preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated high level of negotiation and conflict-resolution skills.
• Demonstrated decision-making capability.
• Preferences include knowledge of quality inspection tools and methods; familiarity with Statistical Process Control (SPC) tools and methods; knowledge of Six Sigma or Lean Manufacturing principles; knowledge of insert molding tooling and processes; knowledge of MRP or ERP software.
Weiss-Aug is an equal opportunity employer. Please submit resume with salary requirements for consideration.
Job Type: Full-time