Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative acts as a liaison between company and customer to provide assistance in communicating customer requirements to ensure their requests are met by the company. Works with the Operation Group to assure that the customer orders are processed on a timely basis and communicates with the customer on order status. Refers all customer technical issues to the appropriate company resource. Maintains an excellent relationship with the customer and keeps management informed of significant changes and concerns. Works with Planning Department to review customer order requirements, so those requirements can be translated into a production schedule. Attend daily planning meetings to learn manufacturing schedule and its effect on customer orders. Communicate with Sales, Warehouse and planning personnel to create seamless flow of raw materials to the manufacturing floor. Critical communications will be required to meet customer requirements, 100% on-time delivery & zero-defect.
- Processes customer purchase orders and any changes to purchase orders including delivery dates, quantities, pricing, etc. Secures appropriate internal approvals before processing order and sending confirmation. Monitors open order status and secures follow-up order for future requirements.
- Maintains accurate customer files to include pricing, quotation worksheet and contractual language. Assists in yearly forecasting effort by obtaining forecasted part requirements from customer, which also includes house and/or export accounts.
- Initiates Material Authorization to ensure material availability where customer does not provide firm releases but accepts liability for the raw material.
- Input specific customer requirements into ERP system. Compiles customized information for specific customers as needed.
- Initiate PDA (Discrepant Product Alert)/RMA (Return Material Authorization) process through collection of pertinent data from customer and utilizing appropriate process to communicate information throughout the company.
- Issues credits due to price changes, short shipments, etc. Negotiates with the customer for acceptance of variances as to shipping quantities. Negotiates with customers to accept raw material and finished goods, as it relates to slow moving inventory.
- Determines the best way to initiate proper method of payment for export accounts.
- Communicates customer requirements to assure correct priorities are constantly understood by planning and production departments.
- Communicates priorities to planning for manufacturing orders competing for the same or similar resources, factoring equipment, people and processes.
- Working with Purchasing, Quality Control and Production to coordinate the disposition of discrepant materials.
- Work in conjunction with sales team to solicit sale of new business
- Assist Sales management in forecasting / budgeting
- Bachelor’s or AA degree in business, marketing or manufacturing.
- Minimum of 5 years’ customer service/inside sales, planning, quotation experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer literacy with experience in ERP systems, MRP based scheduling systems, and word processing. Knowledge of PLEX ERP software a plus.
- Analytical skills, problem solving abilities and mathematical skills are a must.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and flexible
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Must be a team player and have the ability to interact efficiently with all departments.
- ISO/QS/TS knowledge preferred.
We provide excellent company benefits and a competitive salary. We are an equal opportunity employer. Currently only accepting local candidate submissions.