Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative acts as a liaison between company and customer to provide assistance in communicating customer requirements to ensure their requests are met by the company. Works with the Operations Team to assure that the customer orders are processed on a timely basis and communicates with the customer on order status. Refers all customer technical issues to the appropriate company resource. Maintains an excellent relationship with the customer and keeps management informed of significant changes and concerns. Works with Planning Department to review customer order requirements, so those requirements can be translated into a production schedule. Attends daily planning meetings to learn manufacturing schedule and its effect on customer orders. Communicates with Sales, Warehouse and planning personnel to create seamless flow of raw materials to the manufacturing floor. Critical communications will be required to meet customer requirements, 100% on-time delivery & zero-defect.
- Bachelor’s or AA degree in business, marketing or manufacturing.
- Minimum of 5 years’ customer service/inside sales, planning, quotation experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Computer literacy with experience in ERP systems, MRP based scheduling systems, and word processing. Knowledge of PLEX ERP software a plus
- Analytical skills, problem solving abilities and mathematical skills are a must.
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and flexible
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Must be a team player and have the ability to interact efficiently with all departments.
- ISO/QS/TS knowledge preferred.
This position is for our Weiss-Aug East Hanover | NJ location.