Computer Numerical Control (CNC) operator with at least 3 yrs. experience programming/operating 3-axis or higher CNC milling centers or similar equipment. Must be capable of programming cutting paths based off supplied CAD geometry, setting-up /fixturing work pieces in machines and efficiently operating /maintaining the equipment to produce progressive die components within a tolerance of +/- .0001” of expected dimensions. Requires a high school diploma or equivalent; 2-yr technical degree and /or apprenticeship experience strongly preferred.
• Program cutting paths of CNC machining equipment utilizing Computer Assisted Machining (CAM) software and CAD geometry supplied by Engineering. Archive data as required for future use.
• PCNC – Develop electrode geometry from solid models of work components.
• Efficiently operate CNC machining equipment. Responsible for producing or accurately reproduced tool components within +/- .0001” of CAD geometry according to the published CNC work center schedule.
• Assist in developing the CNC work center schedule.
• Perform routine maintenance on CNC machining equipment as specified.
• Responsible for coordinating other duties as assigned by WEDM / PCNC Group Lead, Toolroom Managers or V.P. of Engineering.
• Requires a high school diploma or equivalent; 2-yr technical degree and/or apprenticeship experience strongly preferred.
• At least 3 yrs. experience programming/operating 3-axis or higher CNC milling centers or similar equipment in a tool & die or mold making environment. Experience with high-volume tight-tolerance tooling preferable.
• Ability to read blueprints and other technical documents. Familiar with CAD and/or CAM software. Understanding of ANSI/ISO drawing standards and GD&T dimensioning preferable. Knowledge of G-code CNC programming also preferable.
• Knowledge of metal stamping and/or injection molding industries and practices preferable.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Good analytical and computational skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Job Type: Full Time
We provide excellent company benefits and a competitive salary. We are an equal opportunity employer. Currently only accepting local candidate submissions.
This position is for our Weiss-Aug East Hanover | NJ location.