business development manager
Reporting to the VP of Sales and Marketing, this position's primary responsibilities are:
- Develop strategic accounts that meet the Weiss-Aug sales criteria. (Specific objective are set annually in Sales Plan)
- Achieve annually set sales objectives. (See Sales Plan).
- Maintain an excellent relationship with internal and external customers and plant.
summary of essential job functions
- In conjunction with VP of Sales and Marketing, identify and develop new business opportunities. Potential customer must meet Weiss-Aug sales criteria (see customer profile).
- Qualify potential customers and establish strategic accounts. In order to accomplish this objective, extensive travel (approximately 60% of the time) is expected.
- Prepare weekly travel itinerary and sales reports.
- Present Quotations to customers and follow up aggressively with the objective of capturing the program. Report activity and results regularly.
- Provide monthly input to VP of Sales and Marketing on balance of year forecast by key accounts.
- In order to grow the business, each account must be serviced aggressively. This may require engineering and technical support. Headquarter resources must be utilized whenever appropriate.
- Build ongoing relationships with internal Customer Relationship & Logistics team members as a closely-knit team. The Customer Relationship & Logistics team members are responsible for all programs in manufacturing; the Business Development Manager's responsibility is to grow the business. To maintain and strengthen customer relationships, the Business Development Manager will also work very closely with new program development, marketing, engineering, manufacturing and quality control.
- Prepare weekly expense reports.
- Gain thorough knowledge of competitors, target markets and emerging trends. To continuously improve knowledge of our business and industry, attend trade shows, read trade journals, listen to and query customers, gain information regarding competitive activities and what is changing in the marketplace.
- Maintain awareness of changing technologies worldwide and stay abreast of activities that potential and present customers may be involved in.
- Prepare annual sales forecast and expense budget for assigned area of responsibility.
- Work closely with the VP of Sales and Marketing to assure that all selling activities meet corporate goals and objectives, and that selling activities are done in a very professional manner.
- Prepare Annual Forecast Analysis by Customer and Part Numbers.
- Present Customer Satisfaction Surveys to key customers to obtain feedback.
- Develop RFQ Activity compiling all pertinent information from customer to Weiss-Aug New Program Development Engineers. Act as liaison to resolve all questions.
- Expand contact base at existing key accounts to obtain additional opportunities to Quote.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- College degree or equivalent and some knowledge of molding or stamping, industrial manufacturing, marketing, and company standard operating procedures.
- Professional selling skills, computer skills, and technical skills are required.
- The ability to read and interpret drawings for dialog with engineers.
- Be a self-starter, work independently, professionally, assertively, excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience in industrial selling activities with manufacturing companies that service automotive, electronic, medical, telecommunications, semiconductor and interconnect markets.
- Must be constantly curious about future business opportunities and changing market conditions which may indicate threats or opportunities for Weiss-Aug Co. Inc.
This position is for our Weiss-Aug East Hanover | NJ location.