Assists the Team Leader with coordination of 1st and 2nd shift assembly, inspection, and packaging activities to ensure proper timing, efficiency and quality. Maintains proper production procedures including process control, lot trace-ability, inventory control, and packaging. Assists the Team Leader in the responsibility for the safety, maintenance and cleanliness of the assembly operations.
- Coordinates, prioritizes, and performs repair and maintenance on automated assembly machinery when needed.
- Coordinates with other support departments such as molding, engineering, quality and tooling to meet customer's requirements while at the same time delivering on-time.
- Assists the Team Leader with supervision, coordination, and follow-up to all work delegated to general production worker personnel. Consistently achieves and improves production and quality standards.
- Fosters an atmosphere of Continuous Improvement and regularly contributes to improvements and projects. Regularly gives input on needed improvements.
- Provides training and maintains proper process, machine, and lot-trace ability documentation according to ISO procedures. Performs regular audits to assure personnel follow all safety, quality, ISO, and machine operation procedures.
- Assists the Team Leader in coordinating and prioritization of the schedule to meet on time delivery targets.
- When the Assembly Team Leader is out of the plant the Tech must be able to step in and perform the Assembly Team Leader's duties as required. Assist in preparation and presentation of all Departmental meetings.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent. Technical School Training preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience with Assembly technology or equivalent.
- Must possess good leadership and coaching/training skills.
- Must possess good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be driven self-starter that works with little supervision.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Must be a Team player and have the ability to interact effectively with all departments within the Company.
- Must have good PC skills.
This position is for our Weiss-Aug East Hanover | NJ location.