Weiss-Aug has extremely detailed and extensive quality procedures and processes.
KEY QUALITY PROCESSES
- Six sigma methodology
- Various PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) level packages
- Validation/ IQ OQ PQ protocols utilized for medical customers
- DMAIC problem solving model: Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve Control.
- Problem solving is taught based upon the DM AIC model of Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control.
- Continuous improvement through Six sigma lean programs
- 5 S program ongoing plant wide
Weiss-Aug has over 3,000 gages under its gage calibration system that are key in measuring and monitoring its manufacturing processes. In order to maintain these gages, internal certified labs as well as outside calibration houses certified to ISO 17025 or A2LA are utilized.
VISION AND TESTING
- 8 non contact vision systems from Optical Gaging Products (OGP) including 2 Smartscope Flash 500s that incorporate vision, lasers and touch probes
- CMM technology from Zeiss
- 100% in line measuring systems are used such as Otto, PPT and Cognex
- Over 30 comparators from OGP, Deltronic, Mitutoyo and Nikon
- Data is loaded real time into statistical software